One of the first things on most people’s to-do list at the beach is to find the best place for a Gulf breeze, a cold beverage and some fresh caught seafood. Luckily in Panama City Beach, there are countless places to choose from serving anything your tastebuds desire from a fried grouper sandwich to oysters on the half shell. Here are five places beloved by both visitors and locals that you should add to your must-try list. Leave us your other favorites in the comments below!
- Salty Sue’s – Known for homemade New Orleans-style gumbo that perfectly blends the flavors of shrimp, smoked chicken and andouille sausage, Salty Sue’s is a traditional sports bar and seafood joint that has been serving customers for over 25 years.
- Runaway Island – There’s nothing quite like gazing out over the Gulf during a meal and at Runaway Island on Front Beach Road, you can literally dine on the beach with an expansive Gulf front deck fronting the dunes.
- The Grand Marlin – With a hip, coastal casual vibe and a menu featuring everything from fresh seafood to perfectly prepared steaks, the Grand Marlin offers something for all tastes along with spectacular sunsets over the lagoon.
- Dusty’s Oyster Bar – Whether you prefer raw, steamed or fried, finding the perfect oyster can make or break your beach vacation. A longtime local hangout, Dusty’s Oyster Bar serves up an impressive variety of oyster preparations for a dive bar with dollar bills hanging from the ceiling.
- Finn’s Island Style Grub– For a fresh meal on the go, Finn’s Island Style Grubb offers a tantalizing selection of tacos, burritos, nachos, ceviche and quesadillas with an island flair. Finn’s serves six days a week from a food truck parked on Thomas Drive and a second location in St. Andrews.